Gear Up for Winter … and Support Physical Education at the Same Time!

Come on out for the thirty-second-annual Colchester Ski-Skate and Sporting Goods Sale on October 5 and 6, 2013, at Colchester High School!


The annual sale supports the physical education programs at Malletts Bay School, Colchester Middle School, and Colchester High School as well as CHS’s nordic and alpine ski teams and the Colchester Athletic Boosters Association.


How does it all work?

Regional ski and sporting goods companies and the public are invited to bring in their new and slightly used skis, snowboards, boots, poles, skates, clothing, and other sporting goods items—in fact, a significant percentage of the items sold at the sale are new. Community members can consign their equipment and clothing in the CHS cafeteria on Friday, October 4, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. (please look for the signs from the parking lot). Vendors and public consignees receive 80 percent of the funds for their sold items through the weekend, while the sale profits from the remaining 20 percent.


The funds that are raised from the sale have supported athletics and physical education for the past thirty-two years, including the fantastic bouldering wall at MBS, gymnastics equipment, the cross-country ski equipment, iPods for warm-up and dance music, team-building equipment, and much more.

Come on out! The sale operates from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 5, and from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 6. Those picking up payment from their sales and/or merchandise that did not sell are asked to do so between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 6.


For more information, please contact any of the following physical education teachers in Colchester School District:

Brian Hunt at
Lily Eastman at
Anita Dayvie at
Morgan Samler at

You may also click here to visit the Ski-Skate Sale web page.

Your schools and your town are working hard to engage our community. Please encourage your friends and family to subscribe to The Spotlight. When we’re all informed, we make a stronger community!

Comments are closed.

Enter your e-mail address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by e-mail!

Join 1,272 other followers


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,272 other followers

%d bloggers like this: